There are several bad-news messages that have been sent out recently by local businesses related to the Corona Virus/Covid 19.
- Find an example of a message recently sent out by a business with bad news that you found via email or social media.
- Take a screen shot or cut and paste it into your discussion post, and then provide a brief analysis of the form and content.
- Analyze whether the message effectively follow the template described in Chapter 11?
For example, in your response, some of the elements of the mesage that you might analyze are listed below:
- Does the message start with an effective buffer? Describe it.
- Does the message clearly and concisely deliver the bad news? Provide the example from the text.
- Does the message use the direct or indirect approach? Do you think the approach is successful? Why or why not?
- Does the message provide a rationale?
- Does the message focus on impacts?
- Is the message appropriately audience-centered?
- Does the message effectively show concern for customers and/or clients?
- Does the message end with goodwill/a courteous close?
Last Updated on March 24, 2020 by Essay Pro