Getting Custom Writing Service with any of your academic assignments is easy. Simply click here.
The media log is a place for you to jot down your responses, reactions, thoughts and ideas about the media. Each entry can be anything related to political communication – ideally, it should be something current. It can also be local or national politics.Throughout the semester, you will be asked to log what you are viewing, reading, or discussing with regard to a particular topic. You can log entries based on articles, videos, television programs, advertisements, social media posts, press conferences, etc.
Media Log Requirements:
- If you are logging a social media post – it needs to be from an influential source (i.e. a politician, journalist, or prominent figure. It should NOT be from a friend on Facebook or some random person you follow on Twitter).
- Media log entries (Media Response Entry portion) should be a minimum of 150 words or enough to sufficiently convey your reactions or thoughts.
What typical entries will include one or all of the following:
- Your thoughts and observations on the coverage of media events, ongoing news stories or communication from politicians, either locally or nationally.
- Your evaluation of the news or video sources.
- Your reaction to social media posts
- Your responses to particular issues in the media based on the five key questions for media literacy.
- Who created the message?
- What techniques are used to attract my attention?
- How might different people understand this message differently from me?
- What lifestyles, values, and points of view are represented in, or omitted from this message?
- Why was this message sent?
Evaluation of the Media Log:
- Writing is personal, revealing as much about the observer as what is being observed.
- Each media log has a clear and single focus.
- Entries should contain a variety of topics.
- Entries should attempt to understand media’s purpose and intentions.
- Entries are specific rather than generalized. Use detail and reference to support your opinion.
- There must be titles and dates.
- Entries are proofread for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
Custom Essay Writers for Hire