- The skills and experiences of each team member
Team Member Skills Experience G · Quality goals and action plans
· Problem solving and resolution control
· Initiating, planning and execution of small projects
· Accounts Manager
· Operational policies and procedures
3 + years’ experience in healthcare. Experience in management, developing quality goals and action plans, creating and interpreting reports and dashboards. Executing and closing out healthcare projects. Currently working as a Project manager for a healthcare Imaging company reviewing policies, improving protocols and procedures and managing accounts. P · Data integration strategies
· Perform tracking, management and delivery of all product, services, operations, and relationship deliverables for assigned clients.
· Develop methods of document management and information processing
3 + years’ experience in healthcare technology. Demonstrate the capacity to provide comprehensive support; at problem solving and effective management of daily task. Currently working with electronic health records (EHR) providing quality feedback to our clients. M · Paper and electronic health records.
· Focus on patient security, privacy and records administration.
· Develop methods of document management and information processing.
2+ years’ experience in healthcare.
Experience in administration and project management. Converting papers to electronic health records. Developing policies within the facility regarding patients health records. Currently working as HIM/ROI analyst in the middle east, using Cerner.
D · Electronic health records
· Develop departmental policies and procedures
· Conduct training and career development opportunities
· Initiate and plan small group projects
· Patient experience and service recovery
10+ years’ experience in healthcare (pharmacy). Experience in management and operations. Developing policies and procedures for daily operations that comply with jurisdiction boards. Currently working with hospital stakeholders to decrease hospital readmission rates through “meds-to-beds” program.
- Role of Each Team Member
Topic Team Members ACA Analysis and its managed care organizations future implications G
Checklist to be utilized to review the managed care P A year (1) financial analysis as a predictive tool projecting financial performance on the adoption of selected health plan and repayment . M Identify (3) involved managed care contracts under consideration. Support your reasoning. D
- Team Mission Statement, Team Goals, and Team Behaviors
Providing UMUC Medical Center with a unified system with healthcare professionals fostering fairness and integrity with centralized professional advice on contract negotiations in association with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Work professionally
- Work timely
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively
- Respect the input from other team members
- Develop constructive solutions
- The team will work cooperatively to come up with a division of duties, timelines, and work plan to complete the assignment on time.
- The team will act professionally and cordially at all times.
- Team members will share information and progress openly with the whole team.
- Team members will raise any conflicts to the Team as a whole or to the Team Coordinator promptly.
- Team’s Conflict Resolution Plan
Should any conflict arise, the issue will be raised to the Team Coordinator promptly. The Team Coordinator shall work with the person raising the issue to summarize the issue, possible resolutions and other pertinent details. The Team Coordinator or the person raising the issue (at their mutual agreement), share these details to the whole team, via email. The team will discuss the issue (via email or conference call). Unanimous agreement is preferred on any conflict resolution; however, due to limited assignment time, agreement from 4 out of the 6 team members is enough to decide on a resolution. The Team Coordinator or, in the case where the Coordinator raised the issue, an agreed upon team member shall coordinate any voting on issues.
- Team’s Schedule
If the team needs to meet, it will be scheduled at or after 8pm on weekdays or on an agreed upon weekend time.
Task Date Work Plan First team meeting 8pm
Team Coordinator sends out first draft of Team Work Plan
10/3 Wednesday All final comments on Team Work Plan due to Team Coordinator 10/5 Friday Final Draft sent to team 10/6 Saturday Final Work Plan Submitted by Team Coordinator 10/7 Sunday Main Paper Initial/Rough Draft of sections sent to Team Coordinator 10/11 Thursday Team Coordinator sends out complete initial/rough draft 10/12 Friday Tentative (if needed) – Team meeting to review initial draft 10/14 Sunday 2nd Draft due to Team Coordinator 10/19 Friday Complied 2nd Draft sent to team 10/20 Saturday Tentative (if needed) – Team meeting to review 2nd draft 10/21 or 22 Sunday or Monday All final sections due to Team Coordinator by 8pm 10/23 Tuesday Final compiled draft sent to team for final review by Team Coordinator
Final compiled draft submitted to WRIT 699C – if needed
10/24 Wednesday Last call of edits or changes from the team to Team Coordinator by 8pm
Team Coordinator incorporates WRIT feedback as needed
10/26 Friday Team Coordinator submits assignment to professor 10/27 Saturday Assignment DUE 10/28 Sunday