LAB 3. LOGIC GATES SIMULATIONS
- To evaluate the truth table for all gates.
- To generate the digital output waveform using a word generator and logic analyzer in NI Multisim
- To generate a LED circuit for each Logic gate
- To produce a circuit fabrication diagram for each gate using a dip 14 connector and the internal connection diagram.
- To use logic gates for simple applications
- To improve efficiency in working with NI Multisim software.
Include information about the basic logic gates (How they work, symbol, Boolean algebra, and truth table). Include the circuit inside a basic TTL NOT gate and explain how it works.
The following products are in the TTL family. Each product contains different configurations of logic gates. The component datasheet must be evaluated to know how to connect the component correctly in a circuit.
Table 1. Showing the TTL Part number for various gates
|GATE TYPE||PART NAME|
Figure 1. Symbols for AND, OR, NOT, NOR, NAND and EXOR gates
Figure 4. Diagram showing inputs and output of AND gate (Logic analyzer output)
Table 2. TRUTH TABLE FOR AND GATE
Table 3. TRUTH TABLE FOR AND GATE
- Examine the diagram given for the AND gate in figure 2. Save this circuit as part of your results.
- Construct the circuits in NI Multisim.
- Double click on the word generator and change the settings to those provided.
- Double click on the word generator and use the settings provided. Click the run simulation repeatedly until the input and output waveforms appear across the output window. Save this output as part of your results.
- Complete the truth table in the results for the gate characteristic.
- Stop the simulation and reset the word generator settings to cycle as shown.
- Construct the indicator circuit as shown in Figure 6.
- Run the simulation and save a picture for every input combination to the gate. Include this in your results.
- Construct a circuit to using the DIP14 connector to demonstrate how the physical part would be used in a simple test circuit as shown on Figure 8
- List who applications where logic gates can be used? Design the circuit to represent the conditions in this applications and save all possible combinations of the inputs.
- Complete a circuit using a DIP14 connector to show how this circuit will be connected according to the datasheet
- Repeat steps 1 to 9 for each gate given. Ensure that the diagrams and results are included in the results section.
This section should include a truth table and Boolean algebra for each gate.
It should also include the diagrams of circuits and results for each gate.
Table 3. TRUTH TABLE FOR AND GATE X = AB
Last Updated on September 16, 2018 by Essay Pro