Conduct a literature review.
Integrate and synthesize ten (10) current research studies in the field of special education, in your specialty area regarding social/behavioral, academic, or independent living interventions for learners with disabilities. Provide a clear rationale for why you chose these 10 intervention studies and substantiate their implications in special education.
Avoid replicating any of the Part A Comps topic options in its entirety. Strong papers will include one counter-argument or counter-narrative (a scholarly peer-reviewed article from the field of disability studies and/or scholars with disabilities specifically problematizing a strategy or study you identified to include in your review. Provide evidenced-based and empirical support, through literature, that these practices are effective, age-appropriate, socially valid, and ethical.
For example:[Instructional Strategies- Specify Low Incidence and/or High Incidence] What do we know as a field, about instructional strategies specifically used as an element of specialized instruction regarding students with disabilities who are eligible for special education services? Specify instructional strategies, specifically evidenced to support learners with low incidence OR high incidence disabilities. Review, analyze, and discuss evidence-based practices, include various approaches, such as specifically naming and describing strategies that are evidenced-based, empirical based, promising, or other. Identify both unique and common elements of these strategies, including teaching approaches (as well as instructional staff), and materials.
Clearly articulate the research that supports the specialized instruction known to be effective. Include one counter-arguments or counter-narratives (a scholarly peer-reviewed article from the field of disability studies and/or scholars with disabilities specifically problematizing a strategy or study you identified to include in your review). In other words, what does the literature say about the evidence for the effective use instructional strategies for learners with low incidence disabilities, or high incidence disabilities.
Include the following:
• All resource materials must be from scholarly, empirically based, peer reviewed sources that involve actual research studies related to your topic of interest.
• This review must offer a scholarly dialogue not simply a summary or list of what has been done on the topic.
• Synthesize common threads in the existing research related to your issue of choice.
• Identify patterns in the literature, as well as offer critique of that literature.
• Be certain to identify gaps in knowledge, any conflicts in findings, approaches and/or
methodologies commonly used by prior researchers
• How a study of this issue will offer additional scholarship on the topic and further
leadership and practice in special education.
You must limit your review to no more than fifteen (15) pages. APA formatting style is required.
Last Updated on March 23, 2020 by Essay Pro