Leadership, Management and Communication
Below, please answer the first 4 questions. The 5th question is a 5-6 page paper. If you have questions, please let me know. Thanks!
- Examine key communication barriers in multicultural working environments. Suggest two (2) possible effects of cross-cultural communication barriers. Recommend two (2) actions that a leader could take in order to demonstrate that he or she respects a member from another culture. Justify your response.
- Suppose a manager believes that hiring three (3) more staff members would double productivity for the business unit; however, there is a hiring freeze in the organization. Suggest two (2) negotiating techniques that the manager could use with the company executives to receive an exemption from the hiring freeze. Provide a rationale for your suggestion.
- Evaluate the importance of creative thinking to the process of developing a strategy for an organization. Provide support for your response.
- According to the textbook, many multinational companies have found it particularly helpful to locate and hire locals for key management positions within their offices in other countries. Examine two (2) advantages and two (2) drawbacks of a local worker filling the management position for a company. Determine whether or not you would hire locals for management positions in a multinational company. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Your company has just hired your foreign friend to work in a middle-management position. Since you have lived in the United States for many years, your friend believes that you understand job coaching for a traditional American company. She wants to work with you and has many questions—some of which concern the manner in which cultural nuances related to religious customs, verbal and nonverbal communication, etc. may affect leadership roles.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
- Recommend whether or not your friend should insert herself as a coach from the beginning. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two (2) conflicts that could possibly arise as a result of asking people to work on days of religious significance. Propose concrete solutions for these two (2) possible conflicts.
- Determine whether or not cultural quirks could restrain the foreign manager from expressing his or her ideas readily. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine two (2) actions that you can take in order to prepare yourself and your friend to become multicultural leaders. Provide two (2) examples to support your response.
- Predict two (2) major conflicts that may arise out of nonverbal communication misunderstandings (e.g., words misinterpreted, hand gestures, looks, shoulder shrugs, names of objects, etc.). Suggest two (2) actions that your friend could take in order to diffuse these types of misunderstandings and thus make the workplace more harmonious. Justify your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro