Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Unit Title: Leadership Development
Assessment Type Individual Assignment This is strictly required to be your own original work. Plagiarism will be penalised. Students are required to apply the theories and knowledge derived from the unit materials, demonstrate critical analysis and provide a considered and comprehensive evaluation. Students must use correct in-text citation conventions.
Assessment Title: Tutorial Questions Assignment 2
Purpose of the assessment and linkage to ULO.
Student is required to answer 5 questions come from the recorded tutorial questions every week from week 8 to week 12
The following Unit Learning Outcomes are applicable to this assessment:
– Student will be able to recognise the difference between managing and
leading and the importance of good leadership in an organization.
– Be able to appropriately respond to ethical, legal and strategic
concerns relating to human resource and organisational leadership.
– Explain how different leadership approaches can be used in different
Total Marks 25 Marks
Word limit The required word limit is provided in each question
Due Date Week 12 – Friday 19 June at 11:30 PM[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
- All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
- The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
- A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed academic articles in total must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Assignment Specifications Purpose:
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of
Answer All FIVE (5) of the following questions. The questions come from the recorded tutorial
questions from week 8 to week 12.
Question 1 Week 8: Tutorial 7 (5 marks)
Discuss the leader’s role in a team-based organisation. Provide examples to support your
claims/arguments. Answer this question in 300 words
Question 2 Week 9: Tutorial 8 (5 marks)
What are some leadership practices that enhance innovation? Provide some examples.
Answer this question in 300 words
Question 3 Week 10: Tutorial 9 (5 marks)
Negotiating and bargaining is a basic leadership role. Conflicts can be considered situations
calling for negotiating and bargaining with another person to resolve a problem. What are
some approaches to negotiation, with a philosophy of win-win? Explain your view with
some examples. Answer this question in 300 words
Question 4 Week 11: Tutorial 10 (5 marks)
Why might being very practical-minded interfere with being an outstanding strategic
leader? Answer this question in 300 words
Question 5 Week 12: Tutorial 11 (5 marks)
Suppose you are a team leader and one of your team members has a strong work ethic,
based on his or her cultural values. Is it fair to assign this member much more work just
because he or she is willing to work longer and harder than other team members? Explain
your reasoning. Answer this question in 300 words
Last Updated on June 10, 2020 by EssayPro