Introduction to Communication Systems LAB
Fourier Theory Observation LAB 1.A
- What is a Spectrum analyzer?
- What are some of the basic parameters that one must adjust to be able to see the desired data on the spectrum analyzer?
- What is Fourier theory?
- What is the Fourier Theory equation that describes a square wave? Can you identify the portion that describes the harmonics and their amplitudes?
- According to Fourier Theory a square wave consists of a fundamental sine wave and odd harmonics. Consider the following circuits below which shows the spectrum analyzer output for a 300KHz sine wave and square wave.
- Please include your picture of the sine wave obtained from the signal generator. What was the frequency and peak to peak voltage?
- What was the difference observed between the signal at the harmonics for the sine wave and the square wave?
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Assistance