• Identify anatomical terminology with regard to location, position, direction, planes, sections, and cavities.
• Identify and describe the basic biological molecules.
• Identify parts of the cell.
• Identify and describe basic tissue types.
Part 1 – Short essay (50 pt)
Imagine that you fell down in the garden and cut yourself on a dirty piece of metal. In a short essay, describe primary and secondary tissue repair, what is meant by the term “clean wound”, the role of nutrition in the healing process, and how scar tissue forms. Do not copy from the text book.
BIOL113 Part 2 – Worksheet (50 pt)
1. Identify the four requirements for “anatomical position”.
2. What is the difference between the terms “cephalic” and “caudal”?
3. How does the sagittal plane divide the body?
4. What two things are contained within the dorsal cavity?
5. List the abdominal quadrants.
6. List the 4 main organic compounds found in living things.
7. Would a pH of 2.0 be acidic or basic?
8. In humans, sugar is stored in liver and muscle in what form?
9. What are the two types of endoplasmic reticulum, and how do they differ?
10. If someone had improperly functioning lysosomes what would be the outcome?
11. What is the main function of mitochondria?
12. Briefly describe the structure of the cell membrane.
13. What structures are responsible for cell movement?
14. What are the 4 stages of mitosis?
15. If red blood cells are placed in a solution that is hypotonic relative to them, what will happen?
16. List and define the 5 Roman Numeral Staging categories for cancer.
17. What is one difference between active transport and diffusion?
18. What are the 4 main tissue types?
19. Describe mucous membranes and provide one example.
20. What is the function of cartilage?
Last Updated on February 10, 2019 by Essay Pro