Semester Project: International Tourism Paper
The semester project is to investigate tourism in a country of your choice. The purpose of this
report is to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of international tourism by taking a
country as an example. Your task is to choose any country, excluding the US and Canada, and write about the country’s tourism. You must focus on a country and not a city or region (for example you cannot pick Dubai, you would pick the United Arab Emirates as Dubai is not a country.) It is not meant to be a travel guide, but a more in depth look at various aspects of tourism.
The essay should have a title page with the student’s name and the title of the assignment followed by a 4-page report, and a reference page(6 pages in length at the higher end). The report must be well-structured, typed, and double-spaced, page numbers inserted, using 12 font-sizes with one-inch margins. The report should consist of the following questions and should be an essay style:
- Country overview(location, physical and cultural geography including ethnic groups,
indigenous people, cultures and languages, population, economy, etc.) (10 points)
- Tourism Statistics(the number of tourists (inbound tourists), international arrivals by country, current trend) (20 points)
- Importance of tourism in the country(the role of tourism in cultural exchange, conservation, or national economy impactby tourism (e.g., GDP, international tourism receipts, etc,.) (10 points)
- Destination marketing(including the administration of tourism. Is there a tourism authority operated by the government or what do they do?How is the country promoted as a tourist destination?) (20 points)
- Potentials and challenges of tourism development for the country. (30 points)
Note:When you discuss potentials and challenges, be specific to your selected country.
Potentials for tourism in the country (Discuss 2-3 areas where tourism might grow for the country.)
Challenges for tourism in the country (Discuss 2-3 challenges of the tourism industry.Discuss the ways the country might overcome these challenges.)
- A bibliography in APA style. You also need to cite references in the text. Use of journal
articles, news articles, books, and authentic sources (15 points)
- Grammar, spelling, and overall writing, format, flow, introduction, and conclusion (15 points)
Proofread very carefully. Use all the headings and subheadings noted above to separate each section.Using the outline above as a guide for headings, you may also include other headings where appropriate. Failure to include headings and sub headings noted above will result in points taken off.
In-text citations are important for all information, data, or statistics from all sources. You must
include a bibliography all references of ALL websites, books, and journal articles used. Please use APA style as this is standard in our field. Consult the APA publication manual if you have questions on how to reference your source materials.
The paper should
- Be 4 pages (remember, you need to write concisely to fit information within 4
pages. 4-pages does not include a title page and reference page).
- Be double spaced
- Use at least 5 sources (Wikipedia may be a good starting point but cannot be one of your 5 sources.)
- Use APA style. If you are more comfortable with another style, feel free to use that.
- Ability to incorporate and demonstrate understanding of international tourism
- Ability to gather and put together information about the country
- Overall quality of your writing
How to submit the report:
You are required to submit your assignment through theCanvasby 11:59 pm. The Canvas and
Turnitin helps to identify if any information is copied from books, articles, Internet and any other
resources. To avoid plagiarism, you must paraphrase, cite the sources in the text, and list the sources in the bibliography. You cannotusethe similar paper that you had submitted to other classes. More than 20% matching is not accepted. Plagiarism may result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, a failing grade on the assignment, a failing grade in class, or suspension/expulsion from the university. Please do not send your report via email.
Last Updated on