There is the third of five writing assignments due this semester. Here are the instructions for the assignment:
- Read this case study: (attached)
As you read the article focus on those issues related to challenges involving the user role in the implementation.
- Write an analysis of the case study
The analysis should highlight those aspects of the case that deal with user involvement and perception issues. It should then discuss how well you think that Rolls Royce handled each element of the two readings from this week. Specifically indicate if you feel that each of the variables was adequately managed during the ERP implementation.
Be sure to discuss all elements from the two readings (user involvement and participation, resistance, commitment, planning, risks, control-threatening nature of the system implementation). Use facts from the case and two readings to back up your analysis. DO NOT copy and paste content from Internet websites. Write the case analysis using your own thoughts and words.
Submit your written response by uploading your document so that it can be reviewed and assessed.
For our purposes this semester all written submissions should generally adhere to the following:
- There is no need to include a separate cover page. Provide a title for the assignment and your name at the top of the first page.
- For brevity-sake, single space your written assignments.
- Use 1″ margins (left, right, top and bottom).
- Indent all paragraphs (APA style).
- Use standard 11-pitch or 12-pitch fonts.
- For citations, use APA style. If you need some help understanding how to cite using APA format, go to this.
- All writing should be expository format, with proper grammar, spelling and effective use of the English language.
- Use sub-titles to organize your writing. However, your writing should not include one-sentence paragraphs or one-paragraph sub-sections.
- Use bullet lists sparingly. We are not writing outlines.
- Do NOT copy and paste content from the Internet. I want your thoughts. Points will be subtracted for content that is copied and pasted. Along those lines, do not plagiarize. Cite your sources. If I think something has been plagiarized I will check and if true I will direct you to the ethics policy.
- For the best possible grade demonstrate that you have spent sufficient time on the assignment. Often it is necessary to do Internet searches to obtain additional background material. For the assignment I would like to see that you have done sufficient background research, that you have read the instructions and that you have spent time reflecting on the task and thoughtfully constructing your written response to questions and issues.