In this assignment you will explore the information-seeking behavior of two professionals, comparing and contrasting their behavior. You will also reflect on your own behavior.
DOCUMENT WITH COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS IS UPLOADED THANKS
Response Paper (▪ Submit in .doc, .docx or PDF file • References: o All outside information must be cited using APA style.
Beyond Google Winter 2020
- Identify and interview 2 individuals in different professions (i.e. Engineer, Architect, Nurse, Doctor, Welder, Mechanic, etc.).
- Guiding Questions:
- Describe their educational or experiential background. How did they develop expertise in their profession?
- How do they generally seek information for professional purposes?
- What are the key places they seek professional information? Consider online, physical, and individuals or groups, formal and informal.
- What is most challenging in information seeking in their profession? What is easy and enjoyable?
- Ask them to describe a situation where they had to find information related to their profession. Where did they go? How did they determine that the information was current, accurate and authoritative?
- Summarize: The responses for each of the individuals for the five guiding questions
- Compare and contrast: The results, identifying similarities and differences.
- Reflect: Explore your own information-seeking behaviour in response to the guiding questions. How is this different or similar to those that you interviewed?
- Use appropriate course resources: Explore and highlight what you have learned about information-seeking behaviour in relation to your interview subjects using appropriate supplemental sources. Don’t forget to cite them!