MGMT 240 Business Research and Report Writing
Fall 2015 Section SB01
Business Research Literature Assignment – 10% of Final Course Grade
This assignment very specifically addresses the course outcomes stated in your course outline and noted below:
- Describe uses and objectives of research across business disciplines.
- Examine and evaluate existent business research.
Further specific objectives in meeting the course outcomes include:
- Find business research in various formats, locations
- Identify/describe the author, publisher, purpose(s), intended audience(s), etc. of a piece of research
For this assignment you will:
- Find piece of business research available in an online format
- Must be an academic article!!!
- Email or post your chosen article to all members in your group –
- There must be no duplication of the same – two people cannot do the same article.
- Analyze that piece of research in keeping with the checklist attached
- Do the work early.
- Post your literature review as an attachment in the ‘Literature Review’ Discussion Forum.
- Must be posted by 11:59pm Sept 29TH
- This is an individual assignment
- You are required to use a different article than everyone else
- Share your analysis with other members of your group – cc me in on those emails
- Send me a full review as listed below
- The review should be approximately 2 to 4 pages in length (double spaced) (700 to 1000 words).
Article Review Elements
- Full bibliographic citation (APA format)
- author, date, title of journal article, name of journal, volume, issue, and pages (with Permalink preferred)
- Names, titles, location, biographical information
- Purposes of article
- Stated purpose(s)
- Research question(s)
- Research method(s) used – how was the data collected? From who?
- Findings & conclusions
- Brief summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations
- Is the research question answered?
- Primary intended readers – who is this written for, and why will they be interested in the findings?
- Secondary audience – who else might be interested or read this?
- Critical Analysis
- Application of above concepts in analysis of the article
- Is the article of value? Why / why not?
- Is the article of interest?
- Well written?
- Will it be useful for organizational analysis?
|Full bibliographic citation (APA format)||Author, date, title of journal article, name of journal, volume, issue, and pages||0-1||2-3||4||5|
|Author(s)||Names, titles, location, biographical information||0-1||2-3||4||5|
|Purposes of article||Stated purpose(s)
|Methodology||Research method(s) used – how was the data collected? From who?||0-7||8-10||11-13||14-15|
|Findings & conclusions||Brief summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations
Is the research question answered?
|Audience||Primary intended readers – who is this written for, and why will they be interested in the findings?||0-3||4-6||7-8||9-10|
|Critical Analysis||Ties in all the above elements into an overview of the article and its value as a piece of academic material||0-9||10-15||16-18||19-20|
|Interest/Use||Is the article of interest? Will it be useful for your project and why or why not?||0-3||4-6||7-8||9-10|
|Style & Grammar||Flow – easy to read and understand
Free of grammatical errors
Last Updated on January 19, 2018 by EssayPro