Write how to implement one or more alternatives and their implications according the following information.
Extrinsic motivators from the Employees Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP):
- Merit bonus
- Sales bonus
- Patent awards
- Recognition awards
Refer to page 363 in the text for a quote ?
Quote from book” “highly motivated people and teams push themselves to overachieve, stretching their thinking and working arduously to accomplish considerably more than brighter and even more technically competent peers” (Katz, Ralph 3).
TI should come up with plan to punish those who do not have good performance. For example, in a team, the employees who have lowest KPI should get reduced in salary. With such punishment, employees will compete with each other, thus the average performance of the team will get improved. Possible consequence of punishment:
• The employee who always rank the last might leave the job and new employee with good ability might join the team.
• The relationship between employees will be influenced as some people will come up with plan to influence others’ performance.
• Performance of employee can be considered as the employee’s privacy, comparing the performance in public might incur privacy issue of the employee and can be considered as did not respect employees.
Step 1: Enhance TI’ s employee evaluation system. The system should reflect an employee’s key performance indicators in a timely and accurate manner. This is because the average performance of an employee should be determined by a comprehensive KPI analysis across the year, rather than a simple, final number.
Step 2: Make this policy clear and obvious to all relevant departments and teams, and to communicate well with each team leaders so that they know the team will downsize as the annual check comes. This will prevent shocks and a sudden lack of labor force. This will also enable employees to carefully record their jobs and work done.
Step 3: Arrange reasonable private meetings with employees who are among the lowest-ranked ones before the annual check. It is important to offer these people opportunities to reflect and to make changes.
The company can assign the employees book reading list and arrange reading seminar for employees to help them learn the knowledge in the book. Reading assigned book might improve the employee’s ability and perception of the world and interpersonal relationship. Possible consequence:
• Employees will have more common topic as they read the same book.
• Employees’ perception and value toward the world get improved.
• Some employees have heavy workload might have difficulty in finishing reading.
• It is difficult to determine when to read the book, should employees read the book during work time? Or should they read after work, if they read after work, should the company pay salary to employees?
Step 1: Initiate surveys across the company to get the majority’s opinion on how much to read per week.
Step 2: Decide what to read, how much to read, and when to read based on the survey results and reasonable discussions among principle stakeholders.
Step 3: Develop interesting quizzes and activities to check the completion of reading.
Step 4: Make this policy clear and obvious to all relevant departments and teams.
Step 5: Purchase electronic books and distribute to all relevant employees.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by EssayPro