- In chapter one, according to the authors, what is the result of all the
assumptions and estimates in accounting?
- In chapter three, what are the four roadblocks identified by the authors to
attaining financial savvy?
- In chapter six, according to the authors, what is the “one big rule”?
- In chapter seven, how do the authors describe revenue considering their
description of accounting as more art than science and the inherent bias in the
- In chapter eight, what do the authors state is the yellow flag associated with
costs and expenses?
- In chapter nine, what forms of profit do the authors identify?
- In chapter ten, according to the authors, what is the balance sheet?
- In chapter eleven, according to the authors, what question related to valuing
assets is still under debate?
- In chapter twelve. according to the authors, does owner’s equity represent
what shareholders would receive if a company was sold?
- In chapter thirteen, what is the fundamental fact that one must remember
regarding balance sheets?
- In chapter 14, which of the financial statements do the authors seem to
believe is most important and why?
- In chapters 15 and 16, explain “why cash is king” according to the authors.
- In chapter 17, the authors describe the statement of cash flows. Identify and
explain briefly the three sections in a statement of cash flows.
- In chapter 18, according to the authors, what do you need to calculate a cash
- In chapter 20, the authors identify four categories of ratios that managers
and other stakeholders use to analyze a company’s performance. What are they?
- In chapter 25, what do the authors identify as the “big five”?
- In chapters 26 and 27 the authors mention “cost of capital.” What is it and
how is it determined?
- In chapter 28, how do the authors indicate working capital is calculated?
What is working capital?
- In chapter 30, explain the cash conversion cycle?
- In chapter 32, how do the authors suggest company’s increase financial
literacy of their members?
Last Updated on June 27, 2019 by EssayPro