Use Waste Management https://www.wm.com/us/residential
- The Task: You are to assume the role of a financial analyst working for a leading investment management company. Your boss, who also happens to be your instructor, has asked you to evaluate a company for possible inclusion in your firm’s portfolio. Specifically, your boss wants you to choose a company and describe its current financial status.
- Information sources: Use this handout, the company’s latest annual and quarterly reports, and business publications on the Internet and at the library as the basis for your analysis. Call the company to obtain the annual and quarterly reports, or, better yet, download them from their web site.
Good information sources on the Internet include:
- www.sec.gov (search EDGAR for 10K reports)
- www.wsrn.com (Wall Street Research Net)
- www.quicken.com (Quicken Financial Network)
- yahoo.com (Yahoo Financial Research)
- bloomberg.com (financial information on publicly traded companies)
Good information sources at libraries include:
- The Value‑Line Investment Survey
- Standard & Poors Stock Reports
- Standard & Poors Corporation Records
- Moody’s Industrial Manual
- Standard & Poors Industry Surveys
- Dun & Bradstreet’s Industry Norms and Key Business Ratios
- Almanac of Business and Industrial Financial Ratios
- You are to prepare a 15 page PowerPoint presentation based on the report.
- Format: Use the attached pdf file for your report for the format of your report. The paper should be typed, double-spaced in apa format. Your presentation should be informational and professional.