Your task is to perform the experiment detailed below and to write-up your results. You will be graded on your use of appropriate research vocabulary. Your write-up must include the following:
- Construct a research question for the experiment you choose
- Identify your DV & IV
- Describe how you conceptualized and operationalized your DV & IV
- Construct a hypothesis (what do you think will be the result)
- Describe the experimental design:
- Explain how you executed the experiment. Make certain you include both Table-1 and Table-2 in your write-up.
- Your sample – what type of sample did you use
- Step-by-step description of the actual experiment
- Describe your results.
- Was your hypothesis proved? If not, what do you think may have interfered with causation between your IV & DV?
Your assignment must be typed, double-spaced, using a common 12-point font
Experiment on Short-term Memory:
- For this experiment you will use 2 tables of words. Table-1 is completed for you, below.
- Make a second table (Table-2) that clusters the words from Table-1 into groups (e.g. all fruits or all furniture across one line or down one column).
- First, ask subjects to spend about 2 minutes studying the words on Table-1. Then ask the subjects to write down the words they remember.
- Second, ask subjects to spend about 2 minutes studying the words on Table-2. Then ask the subjects to write down the words they remember.
- Compare the results.
Last Updated on