This activity asks you to analyze a sample document that uses visuals, focusing on document and visual design elements and the way the visuals are integrated into text to make an argument/point. Your work will help you design effective documents that integrate visuals.
Select one of the following sample visual reports to analyze:
Analyze the document for use of the following design elements. For each of the following elements, answer the following questions:
- Headers, footers, titles
- Headings and bulleted lists
- Labeling of visuals
- Placement and size of visuals
- References to visuals in the text
- Use of color
- Is the elements used in the report?
- How is the element used? What’s the element’s purpose?
- Is the element used effectively?
Your analysis will help you design your document and effectively integrate visuals.