Research and summarize the history of the exclusionary rule in our court system. Then write a 2- to 3-page essay responding to each of the following items:
- Why was the exclusionary rule implemented?
- What advantages does the exclusionary rule extend to defendants?
- Evaluate whether the exclusionary rule may hinder the discovery of the truth.
- Which is more important and why: punishing guilty defendants or upholding the Constitution and deterring improper police conduct? How does the exclusionary rule factor into your answer?
- Research and cite two cases in support of your answer. Be sure to reference and discuss the cases, clearly assessing the effect of the exclusionary rule in the case, including whether any exceptions applied. A good place to start research of a case is the CSU-Global Library and the special section for Criminal Justice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length (not including the required title and reference pages).
- Include discussion and citation of at least two cases.
- Be sure your document formatting and source citations conform to the APA formatting stadards.
Last Updated on June 11, 2019 by EssayPro