Please pick one ethical issue observed in the media. This issue can involve a past or a current event; however, it must raise an ethical concern. When you have identified the ethical issue in the media – broadcast or print media or media via the internet – your job is to:
- Explain the ethical issue observed in the media
- State the reason for the ethical concern(s) raised
- Visit and read the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Code of Ethics: http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and then discuss what SPJ Code of Ethics principle(s) your ethical issue violates
- Discuss in detail what aspects of this ethical issue compromises justice and civic life
- State what you think should be a remedy for alleviating any such ethical concerns in the future.
- Research and include at least one credible source that supports your argument and one credible source that offers an opposing viewpoint
This five-page essay must consist primarily of your viewpoint in your own words.
- Please use sources to support and refute your point of view; however, the majority of this essay should contain your opinion rather than an over-reliance on sources.
- Please ensure that you include all the information above by providing the numbers (1-6) next to the appropriate text.
Five pages do not include the cover sheet and reference sheet as the five pages.
Ethical Issues in the Media Essay
Last Updated on