Please pick one ethical issue observed in the media. This issue can involve a past or a current event; however, it must raise an ethical concern. When you have identified the ethical issue in the media – broadcast or print media or media via the internet – your job is to:
- Explain the ethical issue observed in the media
- State the reason for the ethical concern(s) raised
- Visit and read the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Code of Ethics: http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and then discuss what SPJ Code of Ethics principle(s) your ethical issue violates
- Discuss in detail what aspects of this ethical issue compromises justice and civic life
- State what you think should be a remedy for alleviating any such ethical concerns in the future.
- Research and include at least one credible source that supports your argument and one credible source that offers an opposing viewpoint
This five-page essay must consist primarily of your viewpoint in your own words.
- Please use sources to support and refute your point of view; however, the majority of this essay should contain your opinion rather than an over-reliance on sources.
- Please ensure that you include all the information above by providing the numbers (1-6) next to the appropriate text.
Five pages do not include the cover sheet and reference sheet as the five pages.
Ethical Issues in the Media Essay
Last Updated on February 11, 2018 by EssayPro