- What kind of animal is a sea turtle: mammal, insect, reptile, amphibian or plant?
- What are the seven species of sea turtles (common names are fine!)?
- There is some debate about whether an additional species of sea turtle may exist. What is it called, and why do some people say it is a separate species? (Hint: it is closely related to green sea turtles!)
- Are sea turtles most often found in: (a) warm, tropical waters OR (b) cooler, temperate waters?
- Which of the seven species is the most widely distributed sea turtle species (in other words found in the most places around the world)?
- What species of sea turtle is sometimes found in Washington State waters?
- Which is the smallest species of sea turtle, and which is the largest?
- How many eggs do leather-back sea turtles lay in a single nest? How many nests do they tend to lay in a year?
- Which two sea turtle species participate in ‘mass nesting events’? What is the name for this behavior?
- How old (generally) are sea turtles when they reach sexual maturity?
- How long do sea turtles live (generally)?
- What is one example of the importance of sea turtles to indigenous people? Be sure to say what part of the world you are referring to.
- What are three threats to sea turtles when they come ashore to nest?
Last Updated on October 16, 2020 by Essay Pro