100% Plagiarism-Free EssaysOrder Now
Nonverbal Communication Application Essay 1:
Emotions & Facial Expressions
Your first nonverbal communication essay is designed to increase your understanding of the role
our facial and eye expressions play in expressing emotions. For this assignment, you’ll need to
read Chapters 4 and 5 and watch the following YouTube clips:
These clips discuss emotions and facial expressions, particularly the work of Paul Ekman. The
videos discuss whether emotions are universal, if emotions are the result of nature vs. nurture,
and how to interpret facial expressions. The videos also discuss how nonverbal communication is
the primary conveyor of our emotions.
To complete this assignment, you should write a 2 – 3 page essay addressing the questions
below. You will be evaluated on your understanding of course material, your reasoning and
synthesis of ideas, and your writing style including grammar and mechanics. All writing
assignments should be double-spaced with 1” margins and 12-point font.
Using the textbook and videos, answer the following questions thoroughly and thoughtfully:
1. Why is it important to study how we express emotions?
2. What are the seven categories of emotion revealed by our facial expressions? And how are
those seven categories revealed by our facial muscles?
3. What are the four facial management techniques? In what social situations in your own life
would you use each technique (be specific)?
4. What do you think about the conclusion that emotional expressions are universal?
5. How could reading emotional expressions benefit us in our relationships with others?
TURNITIN.COM and Grademark
1. Review the detailed Turnitin instructions on how to submit your assignments and how to
review the Grademark comments (feedback) from your professor.
2. All written assignments must be submitted to Turnitin Dropboxes by the posted deadline.
Assignments submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
3. Turnitin drop boxes will be available within the Assignment Dropbox link off the course
tools menu on the left hand side of the page within Blackboard.
4. Within one week after the assignment’s deadline has passed, you will receive written
feedback on your assignment. The written comments on your assignment are accessible
using the GradeMark function within your assignment submission.
5. Late Submissions must be uploaded in the appropriately labeled “Late Drop Box” by the
posted “Late Assignment Deadline”. Late submissions are only eligible for a maximum of
50% of the assignments original point value.