MAN 4633 – MNC STRATEGY
ELI LILLY CASE ANALYSIS
YOU MUST WORK ON THE CASE ANALYSIS AS AN INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT.
WARNING: By submitting this assignment, you agree that you have not plagiarized, copied/pasted from the Internet, or inappropriately shared your work with your classmates. You agree that if you are caught, you will receive, at a minimum, a grade of “0” with no chance to appeal your grade or to redo the assignment.
SEE THE SYLLABUS FOR THE DUE DATE OF THE CASE. Papers will not be accepted after the deadline.
- CASE SELECTION. Case 6-2 “Eli Lilly in India: Rethinking the Joint Venture Strategy.” (p. 376 of the 8th edition of the textbook)
- ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Review the types of strategic alliances described in Ch. 6. Based on information presented in the case, what type of strategic alliance would you say applies to the Lilly-Ranbaxy joint venture (i.e., traditional or modern form)?Be sure to explain your position and support your choice with facts from the case. (50 pts)
- Identify and discuss what you would say are three (3) main achievements of the joint venture?(50 pts)
- IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Answer all questions using complete sentences. Points will be deducted for using a bulleted/numbered list format. NO BULLETS!!!
- DO NOTdo any additional research outside of what is presented in the case.
Your analysis must be based only on information presented in the case and chapters/notes.
- Do not focus on the detailed financial data (balance sheets, etc.) presented in the case. Do not do any in depth financial analyses.
- DO NOTsimply summarize the information already provided in the case, except when using as supporting information for a point you are making.
- Answer the case in a Word doc. The case must be turned in as a Word doc attachment in the Eli Lilly Case Dropbox in Canvas.
- Please number the question you are answering.You do not have to retype the question.
- Put your name and ID on the first page.The case analysis should be approximately 300-500 words (total) excluding the title page and questions. The paper must be single-spaced, using a regular-sized font (e.g., Times New Roman, 12-point).
Last Updated on