Does Pulmonary Rehabilitation decrease hospital readmissions for COPD patients?
Survey Question Responses
- Male (10)
- Female (10)
How would you describe your current health?
- Very poor (4)
- Poor (3)
- Fair (5)
- Good (4)
- Very Good (4)
Besides Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), have you been diagnosed any of the following? (Select all that apply)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) (4)
- Diabetes (2)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD) (1)
- Arthritis (4)
- Asthma (1)
- Depressive symptoms (2)
- Obesity (4)
- Urinary incontinence (2)
Over a period of 3 months how many shortness of breath attacks have you had?
- More than 3 attacks (4)
- 3 attacks (3)
- 2 attacks (5)
- 1 attack (0)
- No attacks (8)
How long did the worst attack of shortness of breath last?
- A week or more (6)
- 3 or more days (9)
- 1 or 2 days (2)
- Less than a day (3)
In 1 weeks’ time, how many good days (mild shortness of breath) have you had over the past 3 months?
- No good days (3)
- 1 or 2 good days (5)
- 3 or 4 good days (5)
- Nearly every day is good (3)
- Every day is good (4)
Have you been given written information explaining COPD to you?
- Yes (9)
- No (10)
If you are a smoker, were you offered assistance to quit?
- Yes (7)
- No (5)
- Doesn’t apply to me (8)
Were you properly taught how to use your inhalers, and other respiratory medications?
- Yes (12)
- No (8)
Please select your one best answer to describe your shortness of breath:
- “I only lose my breath with vigorous exercise” (3)
- “I get short of breath when walking fast on a flat surface or walking up a slight incline” (5)
- “I walk slow compared to people my age on a flat surface because of shortness of breath or I have to stop for air when walking at my own pace on a flat surface” (4)
- “I stop to catch my breath after walking about 100 yards or after a few minutes on a flat surface” (2)
- “I am too short of breath to leave my home” or “I am short of breath when getting dressed” (6)
Over a 12-month period, due to the costs or lack of insurance coverage have you…?
- Not gone to doctor (3)
- Not filled prescription (2)
- Stretched out prescription (4)
- Substituted less effective drug (2)
- Not gone to hospital (2)
- Gone to emergency room (4)
- Shared other’s medication (3)
Which do you think best describes how your shortness of breath affects you?
- It does not stop me from doing anything I would like to do (5)
- It stops me from doing one or two things I would like to do (6)
- It stops me from doing most of the things I would like to do (6)
It stops me from doing everything I would like to (3)
Knippers, APN, MA, AE-C, FAACVPR , J. (n.d.). Reducing COPD Readmissions and
Implications for Pulmonary Rehab . Retrieved July 21, 2017, from http://www.iasrc.org/documents/filelibrary/powerpoints/2014_conference/Janie_Knippers_presentation_2014_91BF84C93860C.pdf
Last Updated on