PROVIDE A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THESE ARTWORKS
AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOW:
Salvador Dalí, “The Persistence of Memory” (1931, French Surrealism, oil on canvas)
– COMPARED / CONTRASTED TO… –
Frida Kahlo,“Self-Portrait on the Borderline between Mexico
and the Untied States”
(1932, Mexican Surrealism, oil on metal)
– QUESTIONS –
- In what ways are these works formally similar and different from each other?
- How do these works reflect the different ways Surrealist artists navigated between realism and absurdity within their work?
- How do these works provide deeper insight into and interpretations of the artists’ psychology or sense of identity? How does each artist differently engage with these concepts, and how are these differences expressed through their Surrealist paintings?
- Does one artists/artwork seem to be more interested in making a statement/messageor providing a critique of the outside world, rather than just focusing on the their interior world?
Last Updated on June 10, 2020 by Essay Pro