Complete the assigned readings for this unit. Research and select a publicly traded Fortune 500 company to use as a case study for both this discussion and the assignment for this unit.
- What was the original growth strategy for the case study company selected?
- How has the growth strategy evolved to the present day?
- To what extent is the original growth strategy in place?
- And are the principles described from the Porter (1996) and Collis and Rukstad (2008) articles still applicable?
Your discussion post should be a minimum of 250 words and incorporate the assigned readings and one reference on the Fortune 500 company selected. To allow other learners time to respond, you are encouraged to post your initial responses in the discussion area by 11:59 p.m. central standard time Thursday.
Read all posts and respond to at least two other learners. Your responses must be at least 50 words in length and strive to extend the dialogue and analyses with related content.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Describe the design of business models.
- Follow APA protocols and format.
- Identify business model, industry value chain, and marketing theory criterion applicable to a selected Fortune 500 or a local Fortune 500 company.
- Identify a real-world example of the application of a business model.
- Demonstrate critical thinking.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Can You Say What Your Strategy Is?.
- Fortune 500.
- Pipelines, Platforms, and the New Rules of Strategy.
- What Is Strategy?.
Last Updated on