Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link Doing Discussion Questions Right, the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
From the bulleted list below, select one topic on which you will lead the discussion in the forum this week. Early in the week, reserve your selected topic by posting your response (reservation post) to the Discussion Area and identifying your topic in the subject line. By the due date assigned, research your topic and start a scholarly conversation as you respond with your initial or primary post to your own reservation post in the Discussion Area. Make sure your response does not duplicate your classmates’ responses.
- Evaluate the difference between transformational and servant leadership.
As the beginning of a scholarly conversation, your initial post should be:
- Succinct—no more than 500 words.
- Provocative—use concepts and combinations of concepts from the readings to propose relationships, causes, and/or consequences that inspire others to engage (inquire, learn). In other words, take a scholarly stand.
- Supported—scholarly conversations are more than opinions. Ideas, statements, and conclusions are supported by clear research and citations from course materials as well as other credible, peer-reviewed resources.
- The reservation post and initial post are assessed in the rubric line item “Quality of initial posting.”
- Neither the reservation post nor the initial post count toward days of participation.
- Follow-up posts made throughout the week to your classmates and professor will apply to participation points in the rubric.
- All posts will be assessed for writing mechanics and information literacy. Be sure to review the expanded rubric for more details on grading criteria.