Objective: Analyze and describe the concepts of culture and its impact on communication in a global enterprise.
Introduction: This lesson involves culture and the role of culture in global business communication. Included in this lesson are the roles of perception and stereotypes, how they affect the ways we think about others, and how that impacts our business communications. This essay will allow you to explore the fundamental elements of culture and the role culture plays in the global business environment.
Deliverable: The essay for this lesson is required to be a minimum of 750 words that clearly demonstrate your understanding of the activity. Essays should have a clear introduction, thesis statement and conclusion, written in APA format (APAstyle.org). A minimum of three sources must be cited in-text and in the Reference list.
Step 1: Respond to the essay questions.
Read the following questions, and use what you have learned in this lesson to summarize your responses.
- How do the elements of culture determine the way in which individuals communicate in the business environment?
- In what ways can false perceptions of others adversely impact the effectiveness of business organizations?
- If culture impacts communication, how can managers of multicultural business organizations overcome culture-based communication barriers?
Step 2: Write a paper.
- Address the questions in Step 1 in a paper of at least 750 words.
- Include a clear introduction, thesis statement, and conclusion.
Use these writing guidelines:
- Include a cover page and references in addition to your required page count.
- Use correct APA format.
- Double-space text.
- Use size 12 Times New Roman font.
- Use section headings to organize.
- Indent paragraphs.
- Include in-text citations as appropriate.
- Use correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure and verb tense.
Bucher, R. D. (2015). Diversity consciousness: Opening our minds to people, cultures, and opportunities (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
Chaney, L. H., & Martin, J. S. (2014). Intercultural business communication (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
Schaefer, R. T. (2014). Racial and ethnic diversity in the USA (1st ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
Last Updated on October 14, 2018 by Essay Pro