Counseling (Mental Health)
Social Justice Research
This is the second component of your course project. In this assignment, you will write a paper that describes the research you conducted on social justice.
In your paper:
• Describe the role of professional counselors as social justice advocates and promoters of client self-advocacy at the individual, professional, organizational, and societal levels.
• Describe the impact of systemic oppression toward the chosen clinical population on help-seeking behavior.
• Describe strategies to address equitable services and intervention strategies for the chosen clinical population.
• Draft one recommendation for each of the four advocacy levels—individual, professional, organizational, and societal—from the perspective of your specialty area (mental health counseling, marriage and family counseling, or school counseling).
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Template: Use the template provided in the resources.
• Written communication: Written communication must be grammatically correct and free of errors that detract from the overall message. Writing should be consistent with graduate-level scholarship.
• APA format: Title page, main body, and references should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
• Number of resources: A minimum of five scholarly resources from peer-reviewed journals published within the past 10 years. Distinguished submissions typically exceed this minimum.
• Length of paper: 5–7 typed double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, first submit to the draft link to check your work for any necessary edits. Once the paper is finalized and all edits have been made, submit your final paper to the Final report option for the assignment. Please be advised it can take up to a day to obtain the percentage from Turnitin. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to The Similarity Report (linked in the resources) from Turnitin Web site for guidance.
• Submit your assignment using the following file naming format: Your Name_AssignmentNumber_Assignment Title (example: Ima_Learner_u03a1_ClientDescription).
• Provide the percentage from the final Turnitin report in the comment section (example: Final Turnitin percentage = 4%). Please be prepared to provide your faculty member with a copy of the Turnitin report, should this be requested of you.
• Social Justice Research Scoring Guide.
• APA Style and Format.
• Literature Review.
• Unit 6 Assignment Template [DOCX].
• The Similarity Report.
Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Essay Pro