Benchmark – Correlation and Regression.
Directions: Use the following information to complete the
questions below. While APA format is not required for the body
of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and
documentation of sources should be presented using APA
formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style
Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
1. Select at least three variables that you believe have a linear
a. Specify which variable is dependent and which are
2. Collect the data for these variables and describe your data
collection technique and why it was appropriate as well as
why the sample size was best.
a. Submit the data collected by submitting the SPSS data
file with your submission.
3. Find the Correlation coefficient for each of the possible
pairings of dependent and independent variables and
describe the relationship in terms of strength and direction.
4. Find a linear model of the relationship between the three
(or more) variables of interest.
5. Explain the validity of the model.