Chapter 23, Pages 463 – 464: #2-20 even
- What is evaporation, and why is it also a cooling process?
- What is condensation, and why is it also a warming process?
- Which usually contains more water vapor-warm air or cool air?
- How can you tell if the rate of evaporation equals the rate of condensations?
- What is the difference between evaporation and boiling?
- Why is a pressure cooker even more useful when cooking food in the mountains than when cooking at sea level?
- How can water be made to both boil and freeze at the same time?
16.a. How many calories are needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1degree C?
- How many calories are needed to melt 1 gram of ice at 0 degree C?
- How many calories are needed to vaporize 1 gram of boiling water at 100 degree C?
- What is the effect of rapid evaporation on the temperature of water?
- Why is it important that a finger be wet before it is touched to a hot clothes iron?
Last Updated on February 3, 2018 by EssayPro