Comparison between efficacy of CBT and the Stages of Change model as applied to PTSD among Veterans.
In the treatment paper, the student will select one issue (i.e., anxiety, health problem, disaster survival, sexual abuse, domestic violence, etc.) related to stress, crisis or coping, a population (children, adolescents, young adults, mid-age adults, older adults, military personnel, social workers, etc.) and address with two interventions, also discussed in the class materials, and compare and contrast them in a formal paper. The paper must correctly cite reference sources. To complete the paper correctly with adequate conceptual complexity, search for Blooms Taxonomy of Critical Thinking Skills online and incorporate analysis, comparison and contrast, synthesis and evaluation into your arguments for using the two selected interventions as supported by references to address stress, crisis or coping issues.
1. Introduction, purpose of paper
2. Description of stress or crisis-related issue/problem and its significance and/or prevalence among the population you have selected
3. Descriptionofthetwo interventions/models(history,techniques,etc.)
4. Compareandcontrastthetwointerventions/models discussing possible limitations or caveats to their application
6. References: peer reviewed journalarticles no later than 8 years (2010-2018), book chapters, and only1textbookcitationispermitted. At least 20 references and citations are expected.
FIRST HALF OF PAPER
The first half of the paper due mid-semester includes 1, 2, and 6 above. Mention the two interventions (number 3) howyou plan to compare but do not go into detail at this point. Write the introduction and purpose of your paper, the description, and your reference page. Basically, your references will shape your paper.
FINAL PAPER: This will include all sections 1-6.
1. How well were the text or course inclusive theories, skills, and research knowledge included and well referencedinAPAstyle?Wasanevidenceinformedpracticeapproachpresent,inyourargumentand justification? Were the interventions described appropriate for the issue/problem selected?
2. Did the paper identify, and discuss and support with literature sources, any limitations or caveats (such as professional values andethics,diversity,andsocialjustice)related toeachmodel?Howwellwerethesediscussed?
3. Did this paper demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and mastery of the professional knowledge appropriate for a graduate level paper? Was it well written, organized, and presented in a professional style, no spelling or grammatical errors, with cover sheetincluded?
Includes designated skill(s) or behavior (s) from: Aging: Educational Policy 2.1.3(1) Educational Policy
2.1.10 (c)-(2) Educational Policy 2.1.10(d)-(1)
Includes designated skill(s) or behavior (s) from: Children and Family: Educational Policy 2.1.3(1) Educational Policy 2.1.10 (c)-(2) Educational Policy 2.1.10(d)-(1)
Includes designated skill(s) or behavior (s) from: Health Care: Educational Policy 2.1.3(1) Educational Policy 2.1.10 (c)-(2) Educational Policy 2.1.10(d)-(1)
Includes designated skill(s) or behavior (s) from: Mental Health: Educational Policy 2.1.3(1) Educational Policy 2.1.10 (c)-(2) Educational Policy 2.1.10(d)-(1)
Note: the paper must be grammatically correct using APA style. Papers with many grammatical errors and misspellings will not receive a satisfactory grade. The content of the paper must be high, A, quality. This must be the best of your work possible.
Section 1: Introduction: Does the introduction clearly and logically tell the reader:
1) The purpose of the paper and why this topic is important to study
2) The significance and prevalence of the stress or crisis situation
3) Importance and relevance of this topic for social work practice
Section 2: Description of stress or crisis-related issue/problem to include:
1) The significance and impact of this issue/problem
2) The prevalence of this issue/problem
3) The impact of this issue/problem
Section 3: Description of two interventions/models to include:
1) The history and origins of each intervention/model
2) Detailed techniques associated with each intervention/model
Section 4: Compare and contrast the two interventions/models to include:
1) How they each apply to the stress or crisis-related issue/problem
2) Any limitations or caveats regarding their use or application (such as professional values and ethics, diversity, and social justice)
Section 5: Conclusions to include:
1) Implications of the interventions/models as they relate to the stress or crisis-related issue/problem or to specific population(s)
2) Recommendations you would make about each intervention/model regarding future application or research
Section 6: References:
1) Peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters no later than 8 years (2010-2018)
2) Only 1 textbook citation
3) Minimum of 20 references and citations
APA formatting adhered to: double spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, not including cover page or reference page
Writing is organized and flows throughout. Appropriate grammar, sentence structure, sub headings and word choice throughout. Length 10-15 pages double spaced, not including reference page
Last Updated on January 23, 2018 by EssayPro