Journal Entry 3
You have two options:
- Take one of the theories we have covered during the semester, summarize its components, and explain how it applies (or has applied) to you in your life. Also address what you feel are the theory’s strong points and weak points, and feel free to cite examples to illustrate the application of the theory such as a personal experience, movie, book, story, or other narrative that helps you make your point(s).
- There may be a specific component or aspect of a theory that intrigues you; you are free to explore that in your paper, and be sure to discuss how the component/aspect of that theory has applied or currently applies to you in your life. You may wish to consider using a personal experience, movie, book, story, or other narrative that helps you make your point(s).
- 12-point font, double-spaced, one-inch margins
- Follow the standard five-paragraph format (introduction that includes a thesis statement, three supporting points, conclusion that restates points and show that the thesis has been supported)
- Name and word count in the footer
- A minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 600 words
See attached rubric for specific grading criteria.
75-point Rubric (1)
|75-point Rubric (1)|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeInstructions: Did the student follow the instructions provided on Canvas or in class for the assignment?|
Instructions Did the student follow the instructions provided on Canvas or in class for the assignment?
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDesign: Do the visual elements (headings, art, typography, spacing and format) make the document inviting and easy to read?|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization: Is the information organized and presented in a logical, easy-to-understand way?|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent: Is the information complete, correct, appropriate, clear, coherent and effective?|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStyle: Does the document adhere to accepted standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and citation?|
|Total Points: 75.0|