COMMERCIAL/HIGH VALUE LITIGATION IN LONDON
The question for the essay is following:
“Under the Civil Procedure Rules there is relative freedom for disputants in the case preparation stage. However the court has powers to control many aspects of a party’s case preparation.”
Does the court’s active case management assist parties to manage their commercial/high value cases efficiently would it be better to have better to have a greater degree of party control and less court control over such disputes?
1. The topic is related to “COMMERCIAL/HIGH VALUE LITIGATION IN LONDON”.
2. The answer should be no more than 5,000 words (including footnotes but excluding bibliography).
Footnotes should be used only to supply references to sources.
3. It is acceptable to quote from a learned book or article, or a statute or law report, in this essay. However, you must ensure you cite works clearly using the OSCOLA system.
4. The essay should include as much case studies and professional journal articles as possible.
5. Recommended books: “Effective Litigation” Susan Blake, eighth edition; “Civil Procedure”, Stuart Sime, twentieth edition; Civil Procedure Volume I (the white book service 2017).