The questions reference Chapters 9 and 10.
1.Review Table 9.1 and the scenarios in the text. For each identity development status in the model, provide one illustration of behavior for a racial and ethnic minority, female, or LGBT patient operating from that identity status. For each illustration, suggest how a provider could respond in a culturally competent manner.
- Review Table 9.2 and the scenarios in the text. For each identity development status in the model, provide one illustration of behavior for a white, male, or heterosexual health care professional operating from that identity status. For each illustration, suggest how a manager or supervisor or the health care organization itself through policies and procedures could respond in a culturally competent manner.
- Explain why contingency variables are so important in translating OB research into evidence-based practice.
- Do you agree with Chapter 10’s conclusion that “disparities can be reduced throught the focused and dedicated evidence-based action of leaders and organizations that excel in the context of diversity”? Justify your answer.
- Describe what you can personally and professionally do as a change agent to strengthen the driving forces towards cultural competency and equality. Also describe how you can behaviorally counter the restraining forces.
CH 16 &17
Please reflect on the assigned readings for the modules. Choose one topic from the assigned readings, and provide a brief reflection (1paragraph) stating how this will be applicable to you as a healthcare administrator or working as a healthcare professional.
- What are the pros and cons of using a flexible vs. a static budget and justify your position with data and/or references.
- What are the four cash flow reporting methods?
- If you were assigned to prepare a capital expenditure budget request, what two people would you most want to have on your team? Why? How would you expect to use them?
Last Updated on