After reading Chapters 4 and 5 in the text, reflect and discuss the following questions:
- In what ways can the design of a firm’s supply chain network affect its ability to create value for customers through efficiency, effectiveness, and differentiation?
- What are the steps in the process of supply chain network design? Of these steps, which are most relevant to the task of selecting a specific location for a logistics facility?
- Describe and discuss the differences and relationships between purchasing, procurement, and strategic sourcing. How have these concepts evolved?
- Using the risk/value technique, categorize the importance of the following items for an automobile manufacturer: engine, tires, gasoline, paper for the employee newsletter, a uniquely designed and engineered muffler, and rail car service to dealers. Describe the rationale you used to ascertain each categorization.
Use the following headings to organize your paper: Introduction, Question 1, Question 2, Question 3, Question 4, Conclusion, References.
Once you submit this discussion, I will send you 2 classmate’s post and you will have to provide meanigful comments for each in minimu 150 words.
Follow the following writing requirements for all of your discussion prompt responses (note that these writing requirements DO NOT apply to your responses to other students):
WRITING REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ASSIGNMENTS
- References MUST be cited within your paper in APA format. Your reference page and citations must match 100%.
- Always include a cover page and reference page with all submissions
- Your paper must have headings in it. For discussion posts Introduction, Prompt/Question, and Conclusion will suffice as headings.
- Provide the EXACT web link for all online sources – do not provide just the home page, but the EXACT LINK – I check all sources
- No abbreviations, no contractions – write formally
- Write in the third person formal voice (no first or second person pronouns)
- Write MORE than the minimum requirement of the word count assigned
- As always, the word count is ONLY for the BODY of the paper – the cover page, reference page, and / or Appendix (if included) do not count towards the word count for the paper
- Indent the first line of each new paragraph five spaces
- Refer to the example APA paper in the getting started folder under the content tab if you need an example. Also, a power is provided under the information tab that addresses APA format.
- Use double-spacing / zero point line spacing, a running header, page numbers, and left justify the margins.
Last Updated on September 7, 2019 by Essay Pro