Prepare a 1300 word written report (not including introduction, conclusion and references) which identifies and evaluates the main change management methods and theories employed by HSBC, Coles and Heinz. In your report, ensure that you address the following issues:
- Discuss the external and internal drivers for change at Coles. Draw on theory relating to the biological and institutional perspectives to discuss the changes at Coles
- Draw on contingency and political perspectives of change to examine McLeod’s management style. From your analysis, what insights do these two perspectives provide in relation to McLeod’s tactics for encouraging support for his reforms?
(Use the Coles case for question 1&2)
- Read the case study on “Transforming the corporate culture at Heinz Australia” which was handed out in the class. The cultural web is a valuable tool for assessing the ‘cultural health’ of an organisation, it helps to identify those aspects that are likely to support or block change.
Draw on each of the elements of the cultural web to discuss how the culture at Heinz Australia has changed and is continuing to evolve under Widdows’ leadership.What appear to be the key strengths of the new culture?
- Discuss aspects of the organisation need to be monitored and sustained to ensure the organisation does not slide back into the old ways of thinking and working?
(Use the case on Heinz to do question 3 and 4)
The report addresses the following issues:
|To achieve this you must produce evidence as detailed below.|
|Discussion and evaluation of drivers of change and two Change Management theoretical perspectives||· The drivers of the change management process at Coles are discussed
· Application of change management theories to Coles
|The drivers of the change management process must be detailed and linked to the case. Both internal and external drivers needs to be acknowledged.
Application with clear examples how the changes are captured by two relevant change management perspectives
|Discussion on contingency and political perspectives of change to examine McLeod’s management style.
|· Both contingency and political perspectives are discussed in relation to the case and McLeod’s management style.
|The student must apply the contingency and political perspectives accurately to discuss McLeod’s management style.
The perspectives should demonstrate how these strategies allowed McLeod’s to build trust and support for change at Coles.
Clear examples must be cited.
|Apply cultural web to discuss how the culture at Heinz Australia has changed and is continuing to evolve under Widdows’ leadership.||Cultural Web applied
Linked to Heinz
Strengths of the new culture discussed
|The student must define the cultural-web model as defined by theory.
The culture of Heinz must be analysed using the cultural-web model
Strengths of the new culture compared to the old one discussed.
|Discussion on aspects of the organisation need to be monitored and sustained to ensure the organisation does not slide back into the old ways of thinking and working||· Identification of at least two key factors which needs to be monitored and sustained||Students clearly discuss two relevant factors which needs to be monitored and sustained to ensure change management initiatives are successful.
Answers are strongly inked to theory/literature/tools etc to support your answer.
Last Updated on