As a global executives traveling to China, your task is to prepare a business plan for the expansion of ALDI into the China Market.
Should ALDI open in China? Who are the competitors?
Guidelines for the task:
- Build your own model as not every model suits all countries. What country adaptation needs to occur for China?
- Involve your stakeholders including the customers. Survey customers, discuss the idea of a ALDI in China.
- Advance the corporate vision.
- Cross cultural issues. Are these successfully addressed by ALDI
- Exploit any new technology. Is the infrastructure evident in Australia?
- Investigate costs. Is it cheap for people to shop at ALDI
- Product availability.
- Create the right delivery system. ALDI is famous for its supply chain management system. Can this function in China?
- Selling the message ALDI, Is the message strong enough, does it have meaning and value to the consumers?
- Social responsibility and ethics. Can ALDI be ethical in countries where these concepts have little or no presence.
- ALDI plans to go Green, will this have an impact on China shoppers?
- Include Situation Analysis, SWOT/TOWS, and recommendations in Feasibility study.
- Conduct appropriate research into the specific business area as dictated by the professors.
- Advanced analytical skills of theory against the practice of business response to cross cultural issues.
- Advanced skills of reflective practice in identification of challenges to personal ethical value, including social justice issues, cultural diversity, social and environment challenges.
- Written and verbal skills.