The Final Assignment is a 4–6 page Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) that incorporates the information gathered in the Unit 6 Assignment and uses the Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA).
The pressure is on! You have been busy the last few weeks with direct observations of Axel at his home, in his preschool classroom, and in his weekly Occupational Therapy (OT) sessions. You have operationally defined his target behaviors and chosen one to address with a behavior intervention plan (BIP). It is time to get creative!
Write a Behavior Intervention Plan for Axel addressing the target behavior you chose for the Unit 6 Assignment. You will include the following in the Plan:
- Name and Date of Birth of Client
- Parents’ names and contact information Referral Information:
- Referral information (Why did the family call for help?) Summary of Indirect Assessment:
- Briefly summarize the information you learned through interviews, records reviews, and questionnaires. Summary of Direct Assessment:
- Briefly summarize your direct observation data (Include the type of data collection forms that were utilized – A-B-C Data; Frequency; Interval, Duration; and Latency)
- Copy and paste the Graph of Baseline Data that you created for the Unit 6 Assignment under the summary of your direct observation data.
- Identify the probable/hypothesized function of the target behavior Design a Function-Based Behavior Intervention Plan:
- Antecedent Modifications: motivating operations/establishing operations; setting events – if appropriate
- Identify the research design you will be using and discuss your reasons for choosing the design. (A-B Design, Reversal Design, Alternating Treatments Design, Multiple Baseline Design, and Changing Criterion Design)
- Alternative/Replacement Behavior (How will you teach and reinforce this?)
- Identify your Reinforcement (Positive; Negative; Non-contingent) (Did you conduct a preference assessment?)
- Schedule of Reinforcement (Continuous or Intermittent) (Discuss the reasons for your choices.)
- Criteria for Reinforcement
- Differential Reinforcement (DR) and Extinction (if part of your BIP)
- If using DR and Extinction, for what effect(s) must you be prepared?
- How will you approach training? (Naturalistic training; Discrete Trial; Contrived Settings/events, etc.)
- Will you use a prompt hierarchy? Briefly discuss.
- Include generalization and maintenance approaches in your BIP.
- Will you train others in the implementation of the BIP? If so, who will you train? How will you insure that the Plan will be implemented correctly?
- Data collection – for home, school, OT, and ABA Therapy sessions (Continuous or Interval data collection?)
- Criteria for Mastery
- Criteria for Discharge
- How often will you be working one-on-one with Axel? How will you address the target behavior during therapy? What supplies/activities will you need?
- Sign and Date your behavior intervention plan (BIP)
Successful papers will be those that incorporate information from your readings with ideas of how those concepts can be applied to your individualized Behavior Intervention Plan. Put your Assignment in a Word document. Your Assignment should be double-spaced; in 12-point, Times New Roman font; and in APA format. Please use your textbooks and journal articles you have read in your program as your main sources for this paper. Please consult the Writing Center sources if you need assistance with APA format. All information written in the Behavior Intervention Plan must be in your original words. Paraphrased and quoted material must be cited in the body of your paper and listed on your reference page.
Cooper, J. Heron, T., & Heward, W. (2007). Applied Behavior Analysis, 2nd Edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
Miltenberger, R. G. (2016). Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures, 6th Edition. [Purdue University Global Bookshelf]. Retrieved from https://purdueuniversityglobal.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781285227924/