Using the NCU library, locate two recent articles (in the last five years) that discuss technology integration in the classroom. You may find it helpful to visit the Curriculum and Teaching LibGuide or review the library’s quick tutorial, Search Like an Expert (9:07), or the longer workshop, Searching 101 (47:25).
After reading your selected articles, reflect on the struggles of the new teachers you are working with related to integrating technology effectively in their classrooms. You will use the two articles you selected to present ideas to the new teachers to help them use technology effectively.
In your presentation, be sure to:
- Justify the importance of integrating technology into the curriculum (1 slide);
- Provide a brief summary of the findings of each article (suggestion: 1 slide for each article);
- Explain the implications of each article for the new teacher integrating technology (suggestion: 2 slides – 1 slide for each article);
- Suggest at least three specific ways the new teachers can integrate technology into their curriculum based on the implications of the two studies you reviewed (suggestion: 3 slides – 1 slide for each suggestion);
- Offer at least one additional source for the teachers to explore on their own following the presentation (1 slide).
As you format your presentation, be sure to include:
- Effective slide design that incorporates the best practices in NCU’s PowerPoint Tutorial, such as using graphics and short phrases in bulleted lists while saving the full details for the speaker notes on each slide.
- Images and graphics that you created or that are copyright free, such as a Creative Commons license (you must still offer attribution even if the image is copyright free);
- Title slide with your name, date, and assignment title (creativity in your title is appreciated but not required);
- References slide that lists the full APA-formatted reference for all sources used
Length: 8-10 slides, not including the title and reference slides
References: A minimum of two scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your presentation should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Last Updated on October 8, 2019 by Essay Pro