- Please answer the following 5 questions according to the two texts “Is Greed Good” and “ Adventures in Good and Evil”
- You have 1 ½ hours to complete the task (matala). For students with time extension, additional 20 minutes. This task is 15% of your final grade.
- You may write your answers on this page or in a word file.
- Please upload your answers to moodle when you have finished.
NOTE: IF ANY EXPRESSIONS ARE COPIED FROM THE TEXT WHEN INSTRUCTIONS ARE ‘IN YOUR OWN WORDS’ YOU WILL NOT GET POINTS. CHANGING THE ORDER OF THE WORDS IN THE SENTENCE IS NOT ACCEPTED.
1a. What was the behavior that Ockenfels and his colleagues were studying?
1b. What behavior was Milgram studying?
- Explain IN YOUR OWN WORDS the similarities between the experiment with the rhesus monkeys (Adventures) and the behavior of a child and jelly beans (Is Greed)
- Answer the following question in YOUR OWN WORDS
- According to Ockenfels what were the results of the “Ultimate Game” studies?
- According to Christian Smith what were the results of “Consumer Capitalism”
- Revenge and revenge feedback are mentioned in the texts.
- What is the explanation for revenge in the context of the text Adventures in Good and Evil?
- What is the explanation for revenge feedback in the context of the text Is Greed Good?
- In YOUR OWN WORDS compare/contrast the following quotes.
“the concept of Homo economicus (economic man) as a rational, selfish person who single-mindedly strives for maximum profit.” From Is Greed Good?
“people’s ethical decision making is strongly driven by gut emotions rather than by rational, analytic thought.” From Adventures in good and evil? (20 points)
Last Updated on January 4, 2021 by Essay Pro