Please answer questions in complete sentences with specific examples from the show.
Also read: Video Essay Guide
- What are the given circumstances of the story? In other words…
- Where was the musical set?
- What was the time period?
- What were the attitudes/relationships of the characters toward one another and toward their world at the beginning? (Be specific. Name characters. Describe the relationships.)
- How were the given circumstances (a through c) revealed? Through dialogue? Costumes? Set? Props? Song? Give examples.
- Main Character:
- Who was the main character?
- What was the main character’s major dramatic question/goal? In other words, what was the main character trying to accomplish by the end? Put this in the form of a question. For example: Will (the main character) succeed in (his/her goal)?
- Discuss the performances of three actors you found the most skillful and interesting to watch. Give two explanations for each actor to illustrate why you found them skillful and/or interesting.
- Discuss two scenes/moments/songs that you enjoyed the most. For each scene, give at least two reasons with specific examples from the show.
- For “a” through “e” below, discuss how each technical element enhanced or detracted from the production. Be sure to give specific examples from the musical for each.
- Set design and props
- Lighting design
- Costume design/make-up and hair
- Sound design/music
- Did you enjoy the production? Defend your position with at least three examples/reasons.
See video and answer
Last Updated on October 18, 2020 by EssayPro