TEACHING PROJECT GUIDELINE
The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient utilizing teaching learning principles.
By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
1. State the various indications for a specified diet
2. Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
3. Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
4. Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
5. Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
1. Utilize teaching experience rubric for essential criteria.
2. The paper should be between 3-5 pages (not including title page and references).
3. The paper must be typed and conform to APA format.
4. A minimum of two references are required.