You may access the Midterm more than once and make multiple submissions up until the deadline. Midterms must be submitted by the deadline in order to earn credit.
Take-Home Essay Midterm Questions (Choose 4 of 5):
1) The subfields of anthropology seem quite diverse in their specific subjects and methods. Why, then, are they all considered parts of the single discipline of anthropology? What ties them together?
2) The concept of descent with modification, or evolution, has a great deal of evidence in its support. Indicate the major types of evidence.
3) In what ways is the human primate a typical primate? In what ways is the human primate unique?
4) Distinguish between members of genus Australopithecus and Paranthropus in terms of time, location, and physical features.
5) Explain why variation in skin color is of no use in defining human races.