Purpose: This assignment provides a platform for you to discover how macroeconomic theory directly impacts the analysis of a nation’s business cycle position.
Getting Started: Select your nation:
- Go to tradingeconomics.com, in the toolbar, click ‘Indicators’, select ‘countries’ and be treated to a list of all of the nations in the world!
- Browse the list, select a nation of interest ( any nation except the United States as we will study the US in class) and find recent articles (last 6 months)dealing with inflation, unemployment and Real GDP to see if this is something you want to learn more about
- If you find an older article that interests you and you want to discuss how the nation has changed from that time – that is another approach you can us. Be sure to update the old information, though, with the most current articles and data.
- Once you have decided on a nation, post it under the discussion board – putting the name of the nation in the subject heading. No duplicate nations are permitted – first come, first serve.
Within the template below, include the following:
- 15 terms from chapters 1-4,7,8 use at minimum 2 terms per chapter (30 points)
- 5 statistics relevant to the analysis ( 5 points)
- 3 graphs (15 points): graphs should be referred to in the essay and placed directly beneath the section where being discussed – not at the very end of the paper.
- Introduction and thesis statement: (10 points)
- Introduction gives overall background on the nation leading to current business cycle position. Include any specific issues of relevance. 5 points
- Thesis Statement: what is the focus of your essay:must be underlined or no credit will be given 5 points
- Business Cycle Position: 3 parts: (30 points-10 points each section)
- Historical Real GDP and Assessment of business cycle position
- Historical trend of Real GDP:use graph
- Relate current business cycle position within the historical context –
- Unemployment and Assessment of problems/successes managing unemployment
- Historical trend of Unemployment rate: use graph
- Explain why current trend persists
- Identify what types of unemployment are present in the economy and why
- Inflation and Assessment of how well inflation has been managed.
- Historical Trend of inflation : use graph
- Relate current position to trend
- Conclusion: ( 5 points)
- Wrap up your thoughts to show how you proved your thesis statement
- Works Cited3 points (minimum 5 recent sources)
- List of terms by chapter 2 points
All terms are to be in bold print and underlined; all statistics are to be highlighted.
Last Updated on February 12, 2019 by Essay Pro