A Comparison of the Legal Systems
For this week’s assignment, you will evaluate criminal justice systems via JuriGlobe: World Legal Systems (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Across the globe, there are various types of law including civil law, Muslim law, common law, customary law, and mixed systems. To understand international law, we must evaluate the types of law and criminal justice systems in countries across the world.
More to Read:
In your paper
- Describe each type of law identified in the JuriGlobe site.
- Provide examples of the countries that operate under the various types of legal systems.
- Evaluate how the court process in these countries differs from that of the United States.
- Analyze the types of legal and court systems.
- Describe the best system, in your opinion.
- Provide an explanation supporting your opinion.
- Must be at least four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.