Throughout this course, you have been tracking the financial performance of your organization in CAPSIM and you have been looking at performance reports such as the Balanced Scorecard and the financial information in the Courier and related financial statements.
For this Signature Assignment, you will write a paper where you analyze your company’s performance concerning the following:
- Describe the industry conditions that existed when you started.
- Compare the state of the company after the end of the eight rounds with the state of the company prior to starting. Is the company in better or worse shape? How so?
- Examine your functional decisions in Finance, Human Resource, TQM, R&D, and Marketing, and then determine what you would change to improve each of those areas.
- Discuss the basic strategy you used in your company (these are the Generic Strategies that you chose in Week 2). Did you adjust these strategies during the rounds, and if so, what adjustments did you make?
- Summarize your SWOT and PESTEL analysis and indicate if you would add or subtract anything from the analysis given the performance of your company.
- Consider the results of your SWOT and PESTEL analysis, and subsequent performance of your company. What, if anything would you have done differently if you had this company to run all over again?
Be specific in all answers – do not say “I had large profits in Round 1”. Indicate that you “had profits of $4,565,000 in Round 1” or whatever the case may be.
Length: 10 – 12 pages, not including title page and references
Resources: Supplement your course readings with a minimum of five additional scholarly articles.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Last Updated on