• Introduction and Background:
o The focus of our studies this week is on how ethical culture affects the workplace environment and the various factors that affect ethical culture itself. One of the most important means for improving ethical culture is through communication.
• Assignment Description:
o Begin by reviewing the contents of Chapters 5 and 6 concerning ethical culture and communication. Imagine that you are the leader of an organization in the field of which you are intending to make your career and the ethical culture of this organization is unhealthy. You are concerned and want to steer the culture in the right direction. Pretend that you and several committees have already investigated the nature of the unhealthy ethical culture. Through some kind of communication of at least 500 words (policy statement, mission statement, speech, memo, or whatever you think will be most effective) address the members of your organization. The audience can be all members or a certain selection. Be sure that you knowingly touch on the nature of the problem, clearly explain what will be done to address it, and describe the processes by which ethical culture will continue to be evaluated and improved in the future. Be sure that each of the following elements are included in your communication (write it as an APA formatted paper, use at least two references)/
1. Description of the organization.
2. A detailed description as to what is unhealthy about the ethical culture of the organization.
3. Clear description of the goal or goals to be attained along with the ethical decision making and problem solving that will be implemented towards the attainment of these goals.
4. Example of another organizational culture as an example of healthy ethical culture. Use one of the many examples in both chapters 5 and 6 or find your own.
5. Discussion of how ethical culture will continue to be evaluated so that problems can be quickly identified and culture continuously improved.
6. Evidence that the audience has been analyzed. See page 216f. of your text.
o Assignment requirements:
A title page
12-point font, double-spaced
A reference page. A minimum of two references are expected.
If you use outside sources in researching your responses, be sure to cite them in the body of the paper and include them on the reference page.
Assignment Submission Instructions
0. Click the Submit Assignment link to submit your work.
1. When the Submit Assignment link opens, select the Upload File
2. To upload a file from your computer and submit as your assignment, click the Choose File
3. A pop-up window will appear in your browser.
4. Click the file title and select the Choose button to upload the file. (Depending on your browser, the button may say Open instead of Choose.)
5. Click the Submit Assignment button to submit your assignment.
6. After you have submitted your assignment, you should be able to view a confirmation that you submitted your
7. Your assignment now has been submitted for instructor review.
Last Updated on December 13, 2020 by Essay Pro