Essay Assignment 2
- Choose a topic in health, illness, and medicine, which we have covered in the second part of this semester.
- You need to take a position (a thesis statement) and argue for one side or the other.
- In order to answer your question, you must use the following sources:
- Clarke textbook and/or supplementary articles
- At least 2 secondary academic sources, preferably articles in sociological journals or books written by sociologists.
- Your paper should be 6-8 pages in length double spaced, typed.
- Proper referencing and a proper bibliography are required. To avoid PLAGIARISM, provide adequate citations, endnotes, and references for quotations and information taken directly from secondary sources, lectures or text. I prefer citations and references. If you do not identify your sources, you are plagiarizing, and the penalty is a zero (0) on the assignment and possible further repercussions. Here are two videos that explain what plagiarism is and the potential consequences for doing it: You can also consult the attached how to avoid plagiarism and how to cite properly handout on our course blackboard site
- Below is a list of suggested These topics can be modified, expanded on, and altered. However, the topic must be in line with the course and course materials. This is only a partial list of what we covered for this essay in the first part of the semester. You may choose a new topic/question but make sure you run the new topic by me first.
- What are the positive and negative effects of new medical technologies, and how do these affect the meaning of health, illness, and death?