Please watch this video then answer the following questions:
Please Answer the ALL following questions:
1. Does Katz’s observation that men and boys are responsible for the vast majority of violence in America imply that most men and boys are violent? Why or why not? Explain.
2. Does Katz argue that biology plays no role in men’s violence? What, exactly, is his critique of those who reduce discussions about male violence to biology? What do you think?
3. Why does Katz say that the term “learned behavior” is inadequate when it comes to looking at the socialization of young men? Do you agree or disagree with his argument? Why or why not?
4. According to the documentary, what does the culture teach young men and boys about what it means, and what it takes, to be a real man? And what does it teach them about what it means when you don’t live up to this ideal?
5. What is Katz’s concern about the common phrase “boys will be boys”? What is one thing that will remain with you after watching this documentary?
Include theses terms in the paper:
Sociological imagination: the ability to see the connection between one’s own life and larger social structures.
Sex role: the set of expectations that are attached to one’s particular sex category.
Social learning theory: a theory of gender socialization based in behaviorism that posits that we learn norms through the rewarding or withholding of rewards for certain behaviors.
Last Updated on January 12, 2021 by Essay Pro